Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Bittersweet

I made it to Bosnia safely last night. It was an uneventful trip which is always good. In ways it was almost if I had never left. My favorite mountains, my favorite bend in the river, all the trash in the river... It was kind of nice to sit in a smoke-filled restaurant for dinner last night. My clothes still smell like the burning cigarettes. It's not a smell I thought I would miss.

I've missed the character and charm of Bosnia. There is just something about this country that grabs you and wont let you go. I can't believe I haven't been here in over a year. A lot has changed, but so much remains the same. I knew I missed living here, but I didn't know how much till we crossed the border (and a smooth crossing it was, I may add).

I'm looking forward to seeing more friends today and the rest of the week. I wish my trip could be longer, but I'll just have to try to fit as much in as I can. I probably won't post again till I get back to Croatia, but then I'll post with pictures.

Till the weekend...

3 comments:

Jana said...

I miss Bosnia...

germaine said...

glad you are going to visit!! :)

Love ~G

Angelina said...

It was so great to see you!! Thanks for hangin' with me and stan:)