Thursday, March 20, 2008

I had flowers...

Pretty flowers growing in the yard... yellow, purple, pink. Even two daffodils. The tulips were coming up, and I was hoping they would bloom before I leave next week.

But alas...

It's snowing.

Yesterday it was sunny and I was out doing errands, walking in the sun and the relative warmth. I didn't need or want a jacket.

But now it's snowing.

I also have a very bad sore throat and a cough. I really hope it goes away before I fly next week.

This time next week, I will be over the Atlantic with my dog in the cargo bay. Hopefully we will both be sleeping.

I do know when we get to Florida, it won't be snowing. My flipflops are packed on top of the suitcase. I'm so excited not to have to wear socks when I get to America. Socks are evil. I'm wearing them now, though, hoping they will make my throat feel better.

I can't believe I'm sick, and I really can't believe it's snowing. Ok, I suppose I can believe it's snowing because I already gave my winter coat away. Maybe that's why I'm sick.

Blah

3 comments:

Angelina said...

you and me both sista!

germaine said...

oh my gosh you crack me up... wearing sandals was the thing I was most looking forward to when I went away last month. yea... yesterday was the first day of spring... it doesn't feel like spring & there is a possibility of snow next week... yea-freakin'-ha!!

Love ~G

Jana said...

I know...I know how it goes...

Thanks for all the blog addresses. Really appreciate it. And, if nothing else, I expect a phone call as soon as you're back in the country.

Feel better!