Monday, May 12, 2008

A morning at the beach - blog post #200


We took Skoobi to the beach Saturday morning. I've been wanting to do it for a while, but the dog beach is about a half hour away (the people beach is only about 10 minutes away) and I just haven't wanted to drive that far. It's also funny to me that the dog beach is directly across the road from the nuclear power plant... hmmm... But anyways, Saturday morning was beautiful, so off we went. As the above picture shows, we got there just after sunrise. Next time we'll try to get there for the sunrise.



I was hoping Skoobi would just want to jump right in (like the other two dogs that showed up after a while). But alas, she just doesn't seem to be a water dog. I think she is afraid of the noise the waves make when they crash. She's lucky it was low tide otherwise I don't think I could have gotten her this close to the water


There she is not liking the water too much. It's amazing how fast she could move when the waves came in. Maybe she's just a spoiled diva who doesn't want to get her precious paws wet.


Yep, she was not at all into the water. I'm not going to force her, we'll just go maybe once a month or so and hopefully she will get over her fear.



She did like the seaweed. Thankfully there were no jelly fish or crabs on the beach, or we probably would have had to stop by the vets office on the way home. :)



And there are her paw prints gracing the shoreline - at least till the next wave comes and washes them away.


Below is a video of Skoobi on the beach. I think I finally figured out what she is... part Dalmatian, part sissy-chicken! :)



Thanks for sticking with me through 200 blog posts... wow!

1 comment:

germaine said...

I had no idea that there are separate dog beaches... that's discrimination!!! ;)

Love ~G