Saturday, February 28, 2009

Tonight...

I meant to post this earlier in the week, but time got away from me. In my last email (a very long time ago) I mentioned being awarded the honor of "Outstanding First Year Teacher" at my school, West Gate K-8. Tonight is the district celebration for all the district nominees. The "Night of the Stars" will be broadcast live on TV and on the school district website. Oh, and not only am I a nominee, but my dad is one of the Master of Ceremonies for the celebration tonight!

I'm not expecting to win at the district level (I am up against about 40 other first year teachers), but thankfully they are introducing and announcing the nominees and winner of the OFYT first thing! So if you want to see me all glitzy and dressed-up (I bought three different outfits for the occasion and finally decided on one last night - don't worry the other two are going back!), tune in TONIGHT at 6:00pm EST to either one of the local stations listed below, or if you live out of county, state, or country it airs live at this web address:

http://www.stlucie.k12.fl.us/MediaServices/

Once you get to the website, look on the left side and click "Watch us live" If you can't watch tonight, they will also be rebroadcasting it through the video on demand option later in the week.

Here are the channels to watch if you live in St Lucie County. On Saturday, February 28, the “Night of the Stars” employee recognition event co-hosted by the school district and the St. Lucie County Education Foundation will air LIVE beginning at 6:00 PM on WLX, The St. Lucie County Education Channel. WLX is on Comcast Channel 13 in north St. Lucie County and Channel 19 in south St. Lucie County, and on Hometown Cable Plus Channel 19 in Tradition.

And if you want to pray about anything, don't pray for me to win... pray I don't trip and end up flat on my face on live television!!

Love,
LeAnne

No comments: